God's love!

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you,
He is a mighty warrior, strong, there to save you.
He takes great delight in you,
He will quiet you, calm you, with His love,
He rejoices over you with singing.

The Lord your God is totally & completely in love with you

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I am so laughing at tomorrow!

Proverbs 31:25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.

This verse came to me the other day while I was driving and it was as if I had just read it for the first time.  An understanding came to me.  She can laugh at the days to come?  I've often wondered, "how"?  Well, the answer stared me in the face as I realized I was becoming that verse.  Now, no, I don't laugh at everything, but more and more I find myself not worried about what is ahead and how, when and where!  Why?  Because, God is in control and he knows what's best and would never harm me!  For me it's taken years to actually believe that, completely!  I still doubt, I still struggle because I'm human, but because my faith has increased through trials I've learned that it's easier to let it go and trust in His plan.

Why can she, the proverbial woman, laugh at the days to come?

Because she knows who holds tomorrow, she knows He has a plan
and that no weapon formed against her can stand.

She knows in whom she has believed
and in Him she has put her trust.

She laughs for she has hope because she knows
He is able to do far more than she could ever imagine!

She holds dear those things which He has promised,
to never leave her nor forsake her.

She knows that He fights for her,
that He sings love songs over her.

She laughs at wanting poverty
for she knows He provides for all her needs.

She knows to whom she belongs,
that she is His most treasured possession.

She can laugh because her strength comes from The Lord
and in His love there is no fear.

She walks in dignity with her Father, the King of Kings,
for He has taught her that laughter is good medicine,
health to her bones.

She can laugh because she knows
that joy comes in the morning.

The days ahead do not scare her
because she knows He is faithful. He is just.

She laughs in the face of adversity for what can
man do to her that He does not see?
For her soul belongs to Him!

She can laugh for she has cinched her waist with truth
and put on the breastplate of righteousness.

She laughs for she carries a sword that divides even bone and marrow.
Her feet are steady like a deer.

She presents a shield of faith, full of fiery arrows.
She laughs for her mind is set on Him,
He protects her with His helmet of Salvation.

She laughs, she does not worry about tomorrow
for tomorrow will have its day.

But for today, she lounges in the garden of His laughter,
and sleeps in the lap of His safety.

For she knows who holds tomorrow,
and she knows He holds her hand.

Psalm 18:2 The Lord  is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock,
in whom I find protection.  He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.

I am starting to understand this and it gives me great hope for each day!

Stephanie Goode © June 17, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment