God's love!

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you,
He is a mighty warrior, strong, there to save you.
He takes great delight in you,
He will quiet you, calm you, with His love,
He rejoices over you with singing.

The Lord your God is totally & completely in love with you

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Are you caught in the net?

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6a  And God is faithful: he will not let you be pushed past your limit, he will always  be there to provide a way out. 1 Corinthians 10:13 ( paraphrase mine)

Have you ever felt like in your struggles that you just can't take anymore? You wonder where God is?
Me too!

Today I came home from work to find my pup inside the batting cage, "trapped", so to speak.  I left her there because I saw where she had snatched someone's baby doll so I figured she might need to stay in there a little while and learn a lesson.  So, a while later she is going crazy barking and gnawing and pulling on the net and trying to find her way; granted there is a way out she just couldn't see it, so I went to show her the way out.  Notice I didn't say let her out! SHOW her the way out!  That's when part of 1 Corinthians 10:13 came to mind and it seemed that God was showing me this picture and asking "isn't that what I do for you?'  Eye opener!  Considering the fact that I'm at a place in my life where I'm needing to make some hard decisions and have been seeking the way out of some things, so, when what might be an answer comes along I wonder is this the way out? I don't just wonder though, sometimes I worry and stress!

Isn't it just like us when going through life's worries, struggles and temptations to find ourselves kicking and screaming, tangled up in the net, and eventually gnawing, snarling and trying to bite our way through our problems? We may even take hostages along with us! And what's really crazy is that when God starts drawing near we, like the puppy, start really going crazy rolling around, getting even more tangled up in the net,  when God is trying to lift the net just enough to get our attention hoping we will acknowledge the fact that he has provided what we need!  He wants us to draw near to him, and he will draw near to us!  Near enough to  hear his still small voice in the middle of our chaotic, battlefield! If  we and the puppy would just BE STILL and know that he's got this, Oh, how much more  peaceful and easy  it would be to escape our troubles!  

So, now that I have this little piece of clarification that God is working in my favor, he is lifting the net to release me from my troubles, it is up to me to poke my head from under the net and relax and change the direction of my prayers.  AND WAIT!  

If  you find yourself in the same situation let this verse soothe you, Jude 1:2 Relax, everything's going to be all right; rest; everything's coming together; open your hearts, love is on the way! MSG


Caught in the net,
Stephanie Goode


No comments:

Post a Comment