God's love!

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you,
He is a mighty warrior, strong, there to save you.
He takes great delight in you,
He will quiet you, calm you, with His love,
He rejoices over you with singing.

The Lord your God is totally & completely in love with you

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Drowning In Darkness

God has called me for a greater purpose! I feel it, I see it, I want it! 
But I can't break free from this pain that entangles me!
This confusion! I'm drowning! Please throw out the life float!
Will I take it? Will I hold on? Do I have the strength?
I DON'T!
I've taken it & God has revealed his never failing love, how he can use broken
things, in fact he prefers it!
But I don't last long, my light quickly dims.
The Darkness ravishes me, rapes me with its evil caress!
It forces itself upon me until I relent!
I GIVE! U WIN!
Darkness takes my mind & my heart along too!
It drags me through the mud, leaves me in the sinking sand.
The light pulls me out just long enough to see, God's love &
mercy, it's waiting there for me!
I can't feel it! The Darkness is too strong!
I'm desperate, I'm in despair!
Someone please hear my cry!
Please see me! I'm down here!
I feel so lost, alone!
Despair!
I'm drowning in Darkness! Is anyone there?


Have you ever felt this way? Know someone who has?  These words were written during a dark time! As I was reading in Psalms today I came across Psalm 142 & Psalm 13.  David cryed out to God in his despair too! Please go read it now! Share it with someone who might be struggling. Let them know that they are not alone! Ya know our problem today is that when we see someone struggling, when  we say "how are you?" & know they are smiling through their pain, we say "good" & walk away or slink back because we don't know what to say or maybe we judge out of ignorance or fear that if we get caught associating we might get dirty too. Ever wonder why so many people feel alone in their struggles, depressed, suicidal, etc? We as Christians aren't doing our job! We don't have the words but God does. We do have hugs, cards, phones, a knowing touch or an encouraging word. We have prayer & I don't mean when we're alone I mean right then & there. The Bible says for us to bear one anothers burdens & when we see & know the things we ought to do & don't...I'm sure this saddens God! I am just as guilty of this myself. I read Psalm 14 & 15 & wondered...where do I stand?  Galatians 6:9-10 encourages us-Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.  Watch this video & allow your heart to be touched. Let the compassion within you burst forth! Put away your judgement & discomfort. God didn't come to save those who are healthy & have it "together" he came to seek & save those who are lost. John 19:10 Lost in the Greek means Broken. He came to save the broken! Isaiah 63:1...Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? "It is I, speaking in righteousness, mighty to save."

Stephanie Goode

3 comments:

  1. Great one Stephanie! I hear you, I pray for you and I think of you often!! Continue to release and let go so God can use you in many many ways...like he is doing now!Do not go back and pick it up continue to go forward on your journey with Him! I am right there beside you all the way my friend. I am your cheerleader and #1 KAing friend! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I fail at this often. Thanks for encouraging us to bear each others burdens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just now reading this.. I pray this touches someones life. Well written.. Love you Ruth

    ReplyDelete