God's love!

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you,
He is a mighty warrior, strong, there to save you.
He takes great delight in you,
He will quiet you, calm you, with His love,
He rejoices over you with singing.

The Lord your God is totally & completely in love with you

Thursday, December 22, 2016

It's almost Christmas!? Already???

So, today, the stress has hit me! The overwhelming burden of what's next! In just one day we have Christmas with our kids so I've gotta hurry and prepare. I still have my job to see to. Saturday I still have enchiladas to make and Sunday is Christmas and I have food to make for that too! Oh and a few gifts to get, but MONEYl! I have bills to pay! And then, there's just life that still has to be done! WAAIITTT! SSSTTTOOOPP! I'm not ready! I still haven't made it through today yet! Sigh! Ya know, I get it. I get why there are seasonal alcoholics! Lol! I mean, even I think, "I need a drink!" Ok, well then, if not a drink then a pill! Yes! No! This anxiety is making me sick! I can't think straight, can't focus; therefore, I think I'll just shut down and get even less done and feel even worse! And then I will just hate on myself a little bit more and tell myself how stupid and incompetent I am. Worthless! Pull the covers back up! Am I the only one to feel this way? I highly doubt it! THIS is why so many, including myself, tend to hate Christmas! IT IS STRESSFUL!!! Somehow, I don't believe that Christmas, Jesus's birthday, not ours, was meant to be this way! Traditions are ok, but what are they doing to us? Ugh.
Christmas is Holy. It is a reverent time. It is a celebration of the birth of our Savior. But with so many expectations, it can truly bring me down. And I can say from experience that being financially strapped can totally put a damper on meeting expectations and make me feel left out, not good enough, judged, criticized, and unwelcome. Now, most of these are self-imposed feelings, some may be true, but regardless of where they come from they are still felt. I know I'm not alone in this! There are those who are far less fortunate than me. I have a home and heat by the grace of God. I have my family. I have a car and running water. I have food and a table to sit at. I have warm clothes, furniture, a cat, 2 dogs and 10 chickens. I could go on. Some, don't even have shelter or warm blanket to snuggle under. I have COFFEE! That I don't need! Lol! So, what's a gal to do?
Go to the cross! What Lord do you have for me today? Where can I find joy, peace, and hope and comfort? Where is Christmas? It's in CHRIST!
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. For the JOY set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:1-3
Jesus is our HOPE! Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly REJOICE, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 1 Peter 1:3-6
God comforts us when we come to him! He's there waiting during this crazy stressful season that WE HAVE CREATED! Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I, God will give you rest! Matthew 11:28
And finally, therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have PEACE with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this GRACE in which we now stand. And we boast in the HOPE of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2
It all started in a manger, in a wooden box, with a baby, named Jesus. For unto us was born that day out of the city of David a child, our Savior, Jesus Christ who, gave his life fully to His Father, God. And on our behalf, for the JOY set before him, he suffered, bled and died, so that we might have HOPE, COMFORT, and PEACE like a river that flows without our understanding. He was born and died so that we could celebrate Christmas!
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth PEACE, good will towards men. Luke 2:14
Merry Christmas! Peace on earth! Goodwill!
Jesus Christ is the Christmas gift! Have you accepted the gift and unwrapped it? Will you? Let Jesus be the gift you give and the gift you receive this Christmas 2016!
PS. Today I balanced myself with the Word, Release, Forgiveness and Present Time Essential Oils and Release It and Be Courageous Flower Essence Formulas.

No comments:

Post a Comment