God's love!

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you,
He is a mighty warrior, strong, there to save you.
He takes great delight in you,
He will quiet you, calm you, with His love,
He rejoices over you with singing.

The Lord your God is totally & completely in love with you

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Be thankful! Contentment pt 1

Have you ever found yourself asking, "how can I give thanks in...this illness, this trial, this death, this...in all things"? I have! You find yourself saying or most likely thinking "I'm not thankful because...this hurts, it's hard, it's not fair, doesn't make sense, it's not my fault".  God never said it would always be easy, fair or make sense. He did say not to give up, not to fear, but to take heart for he has overcome the world. Sounds like this should be easy but the truth is I, personally, have trouble with this sometimes!  Looking into myself I can say that at times I've refused to be thankful because of fear, pride, anger, hurt and confusion.  I have learned though that being thankful is an attitude! Well, attitude is something I'm good at it just needed a little tweaking! We are called to be renewed in the attitude of our minds and that our attitudes should be same as that of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 2: 6-8 gives an example of this.  Here are a few key words from those verses that can shape our thankfulness-not equal with God, servant, human, man, humble, and obedient. Here's why we can feel safe in being thankful; because we know  that in 1 Corinthians 15:57 it says But thanks be to God! (Why?) He gives us the VICTORY through our Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you Jesus!
I love what 1John 5:3-5 says-This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God OVERCOMES the world. This is the VICTORY that has OVERCOME the world, EVEN our FAITH. Who is it that OVERCOMES the world? Only he who believes (me & you) that Jesus is the son of God. We have something the world doesn't have: the ability and the means to be thankful, victorious over-comers In The Lord! Psalm 60:12 says With God we will GAIN the VICTORY! We know with all assurance that He sings over us and leads in a triumphal, victory parade in Christ and thanks be to God, through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.  2 Corinthians 2:14. And it is with great confidence that we can offer an attitude of thanks because we know that even though we are hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not ashamed; struck down, but not destroyed! Yes, thank you Jesus that because as the psalmist said "I believed; therefore I have spoken.  With that same spirit of FAITH I also believe and therefore speak, because I know that the one who raised The Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence.  All this is for your benefit, (why?) so that the GRACE  that is reaching more and more people may cause (what?) THANKSGIVING to overflow to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 4:8, 13-18. I love that! 
Thanks-an expression of gratitude, an acknowledgement of services or favours given!
Be thankful in ALL things, even the small things! Like the paperclip you needed or the penny found! Look for the positive!  An ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE! GET YOURS ON! 

Thank you Jesus that we have a hope and confidence IN YOU! I have an attitude and I'm not sorry for it!

Christians what your battle cry? Come on, shout it out! Let me hear it the comments! 

The Lord Bless you and Keep you!

SG © 7/1/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment