God's love!

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you,
He is a mighty warrior, strong, there to save you.
He takes great delight in you,
He will quiet you, calm you, with His love,
He rejoices over you with singing.

The Lord your God is totally & completely in love with you

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Normal! What's that?

Have you ever been in a time or place in your life when things just didn't seem normal? When you're not on a high? When you feel low? But what is normal really? And according to whom?
Let's define normal according to the dictionary: Usual, regular, common, typical; constituting a standard.  Conforming to the conventions of one's group.  Normal is not a place most of are used to.  Let's also go ahead and look and high and low.  High: Above; having a relatively great elevation.  Of great importance! Lofty or exalted in quality or character; Euphoria.  Low: Rising only slightly above surrounding surfaces. Lacking strength or vigor; weak. Humble in status or character. A low level, position, or degree.
There is a worldly and Godly level of  high, normal and low. Unfortunately as humans we tend to define ourselves with a worldly view! It' s hard not to sometimes.  Truth is, although we seek to be normal whether it be worldly or Godly or maybe both, most of are not used to normal.  I'm not used to normal!  In a world of performers we are told that if we aren't doing it big and always on that "high", then we aren't right! We aren't normal! In our desperateness to be "normal"  our "highs" become "I's".   Somehow though, we still don't measure up! Pitiful, we are! We then visit the "lows".  They're very hospitable, but so depressing! The world says, "take some me time, it's all about you"! So our "lows" become about "me".  Pitiful, pitiful me! "I just want to be normal", we cry! The world says, "well now that's a pitiful place to be!" There's not much glory there! So common, so usual. It's so confusing for it's views are so tangible!
A Godly view is just the opposite of the worldly view.  I think we seek normalcy in God too! Is it normal to be "high" all the time? Should we ever be "low"? Is there a "normal" with God?  Yes, yes and yes! I believe that being normal constitutes all three of these things.  Being a christian  is wonderful and hard all at the same time. I believe we can be "high" all the time! It is in our spirit that we find our "highs" and our "lows".  Truly the state of our spirit dictates how we live and how we perceive. Here's the problem; when things seem "normal" we think something's wrong.  Here's how God see's "high"...when we are on our knees. When we are praising HIM, thanking HIM, glorifying HIM.  When our "I's" are not our "highs".  Beautiful, are we! Oh, but our "lows" they seem so low, below the knee.  That's because our "lows" are about the wrong "me". God says, "When you are lowly in spirit become even lower and humble yourselves before "ME" and "I" will lift you up! Let your "high" be only from your face so that it is "ME" you seek! Your Savior, your Friend, your King! Don't look at "me", see only "ME"!"  God see's normal as extraordinary, for it is in those times when things seem the toughest.  Not because He makes them tough, but because we have the wrong perception.  If being normal feels wrong, it's then that we need to do as it says in Psalms 139:23-24 & Psalm 51:10  Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.   Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. In fact, what a great way to start each day!  Start each day with an "extraordinary, normal, lowly high"! Don't make your "normal" times longer or harder than they need to be. Trust in His daily convictions and affirmations! Don't miss out on a blessing because you have confused a worldly and a Godly view and spun yourself into a web of turmoil during a "normal" time.  A time when God wants you to be still while he prepares you for what's ahead or is maybe even protecting from what's ahead! God has a purpose for each life and your resistance or your insistence on pushing ahead of him will not thwart his plan! It may; however, cause you to do something outside of his will or ahead of his will.  And now, we find ourselves asking Him to clean up our mess while we go through "if only", "I'm so stupid", "such and idiot", "I've ruined it", "He'll never use me again", and so on and so on! This my friend is condemnation straight from your worldly adversary, the devil! In Christ there is no more condemnation, but a sorrowful, repentant heart is of great worth!
There is a message here! Do you hear it? Be still, be still, be still! And know that He is God! Be still and let Him be your "high", your "low", and your "normal"! Let God grow you, mature you, and perfect you until the time in which He is ready to use you! The world is full of temptations of exalted "I's" and overly glorified "me's" and conforming "normals". Be no longer conformed to the world and let God create your "normal" with the right balance of knee bending and face lifting! So come down from that cloud of "I", get up out of that grave of "me" and finally, rest in the arms of Jesus, be still in "normalcy"!

GOD! He is the Norm!

Stephanie G. © 4/23/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment