God's love!

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you,
He is a mighty warrior, strong, there to save you.
He takes great delight in you,
He will quiet you, calm you, with His love,
He rejoices over you with singing.

The Lord your God is totally & completely in love with you

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bloomin' Onions! God loves em!

What the heck? I know you're probably thinking I've fallen out of my rocker again! Well...my neck does hurt!  Today I was sitting outside basking in the bea-u-tiful sun, soaking up some vitamin D, working on my tan ( you'll thank me later) when I started thinking. That was that loud sound you heard today! Anyway...my thoughts, What is my life about? What has it amounted to? What is my story? What will be said of my story? PITIFUL!! That was my first thought! Kinda made me sad. In a good way! "What?' you say. I know just hold on!  As I looked out into the yard, observing the PITIFUL state its in; weeds, dried up vegetation, dead limbs, bushes bare, & out of all that...ONIONS! Onions that made it through the winter if you can call it that.  I started thinking about those onions & God's love & I must say the love of my husband. Ya know onions are strong, pungent, good, good for you(that's a whole other lesson), can be used in many ways & many of us love them while others are repulsed. My first thought was how my husband loves me even though I stink! To him I am good! God loves the same way. He loves us even when we stink! In fact he says "Yes, I see that you are strong, have a pungent odor, sometimes burn others eyes, but I also see how good you are & how I can use your good & your bad for my sake. I don't love it when you hurt others with your strong odors but I love YOU & I can use you! I can turn your pungent odor into a pleasant fragrance that draws others to me. 2 Corinthians 2: 14-17 Our lives are a sweet fragrance presented by Christ to God. I will make you weak so that in me you will be strong! So that you will make it through the winters of your life. 1 Corinthians 1:25-31...the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. &  2 Corinthians 12:7-10 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  You will amaze others with your story as long as I am the bulb of your existence! John 14:12 You will be doing what I am doing but even greater! I love you my precious little onion flower!
My message to you today is Don't give up! 2 Chronicles 15:7 But as for you, be strong, & do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.  Put on your heavy coat & your winter attire during your cold season. Ephesians 6:10-18-Put on the full armor of God & let his word keep you warm so that in due time you will blossom! Your spring is just around the corner! You will look back & realize that the winter that seemed to freeze your bones, smother you with its mud, cover you in its leaves & drowned you with its rain, was really only protecting you & preparing you to live again! You'll then see that it wasn't that bad of a winter after all! 2 Timothy 4:2...be prepared in season & out of season.

Tis the season to plant onions! May God make you a fragrance pleasing to him!

Lord you know I have made many mistakes, some big & some small but either way it seems I have made a mess of it all.  I hate winter in every way, you know that. Thank you for loving onions like me even when I stink! Your grace is sufficient, enough, for me!

Ephesians 6:19-20 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains.

Stinkin' onion
Stephanie Goode

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God can speak to us. When we least expect it and use the simplist thing to do so. Love ya Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God He accepts us stinking onions. I am forever grateful that He sees fit to have included me into that wonder family of God. We are all bloomin onions in the sight of God. He continues to peel away our every flaw and let's us know each time that He is doing a wonderful work in our lives. Just don't want to turn into an ol' sour used up onion. Lord always help me to keep my mind and heart open to you.
    Keep on letting the Lord speak to you and teach you. He has work for you to do and you are doing a good job. Love you!

    ReplyDelete